The San Francisco Giants (32-20) go for a three-game sweep against their NL West rival Los Angeles Dodgers (31-21) on Sunday at Dodger Stadium. The first pitch is scheduled for 4:10 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze the lines of BetMGM Sportsbook around that Giants vs. Dodgers odds with MLB picks and predictions.
The bats have come to play on this series as San Francisco won the first two games in the series with a combined score of 19-11.
Season: Dodgers 4-2.
RHP Kevin Gausmann makes his 11th start for the Giants. Gausman is 5-0 with 1.53 ERA (64 2/3 IP, 11 ER), 0.85 WHIP, 2.2 BB / 9 and 10.6 K / 9 this year.
- Last game: Win, 8-0, in 5 IP with 0 ER, 5 H, 2 BB and 9 K on May 25 at the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Career versus Dodgers: 0-2 with 4.44 ERA (24 1/3 IP, 12 ER), 1.44 whip and 9.6 K / 9 over 4 starts and 1 bullpen excursion.
- vs. Dodgers in the current roster: 119 at-bats with a .328 / .404 / .538 slash line, 23/16 K / BB, 6 HR and 20 RBIs.
LHP Clayton Kershaw is the scheduled starter for the Dodgers. Kershaw is 7-3 with an ERA of 2.94 (64 1/3 IP, 21 ER), 0.90 WHIP, 1.4 BB / 9 and 9.9 K / 9 over 11 starts.
- Last game: Win, 9-2, in 7 2/3 IP with 1 ER, 4 H, 0 BB and 6 K at the Houston Astros on May 25th.
- Career vs. Giants: 24-13 with 1.79 ERA (352 2/3 IP, 70 ER), 0.88 WHIP and 9.2 K / 9 over 49 starts and 2 relief appearances.
- vs. Giants in the current roster: 361 at-bats with a .191 / .232 / .288 slash line, 99/17 K / BB, 8 HR and 19 RBIs.
MLB betting offers / promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook has deals in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet as little as $ 1 on either team’s money line and WIN $ 100 (on free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you will receive up to $ 600 in free bets. Bet now!
Giants at Dodgers odds, lines, picks and predictions
MLB odds courtesy of BetMGM; Visit USA TODAY Sports for a full list. The odds were last updated at 2:15 p.m. ET.
- Money line: Giants +145 (bet $ 100 to win $ 145) | Dodgers -175 (bet $ 175 to win $ 100)
- Against spread / ATS: Giants +1.5 (-150) | Trickster -1.5 (+125)
- Over under: 7.5 (O: +100 | U: -120)
Giants 5, Dodgers 3
Money line (ML)
Light “LEAN” to the GIANTS (+145) for a quarter unit because that game is so expensive as if Kershaw is way better than Gausman when in reality these starters are pretty comparable and Gausman has the better season, if anything.
In fact, Gausman has better FIP and xFIP than Kershaw, and San Francisco’s lineup is almost as tough on left-handed as LA’s against right-handed.
FANTASY BASEBALL: Seriously about winning your league? Register at BaseballHQ.com to dominate the competition. Subscribe now!
Tread Line / Against the Spread (ATS)
“LEAN” to the GIANTS +0.5 (-105) FIRST 5 INNINGS for a three-quarter unit because Gausman has a career season and I want to avoid the late innings as both bullpen are patchy.
For example, 8 of Gausman’s 10 games were quality starts, 4 of which were against the tough lineups of the San Diego Padres and Cincinnati Reds.
Also, I want to limit my handicap to the first 5 innings because while the Dodgers can lead the majors in blown saves at 14, the Giants are runner-up at 13.
Over / Under (O / U)
CONSIST with a slight “reference” to OVER 7.5 (+100), as the Giants have a 12-7 O / U record as a street dog, the Dodgers are 13-11-1 O / U as a home favorite and they are 7- 4 O / U in Kershaw begins.
PLAY: Free daily sports pick’em competitions. Play Now!
Bet on this game now BetMGM Sports Betting. For more sports betting tips and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please play responsibly.
Follow Geoff Clark on Twitter. Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn income from referring viewers to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and have no influence on the reporting. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.