San Francisco, CA, USAPlace:
Wed, March 10, 21Published on:
FIVE Design is a San Francisco architectural firm focused on high quality modern home work. We immediately have the opportunity to add a talented, resourceful and motivated architect / designer with 7 to 10 years of experience in the fields of design, production and customer focus to our team. We are in the busy Inner Sunset in the historic Doelger building, designing various projects. We pride ourselves on having met our customers’ needs across the Bay Area and beyond.
We value good design and smooth project execution. We attach great importance to maintaining and nurturing long-term customer relationships. Qualified candidates who are looking for an opportunity for professional development receive a comprehensive insight into all phases of project development and implementation – and into the growth of our medium-sized office.
We are looking for designers and architects who enjoy working with clients and colleagues. who are interested in making everyday life in the studio pleasant, clear and accessible and who see their workplace as a platform for personal and professional growth. Additional skills in fee and staff forecasting are an advantage.
We offer a full-time position with a competitive compensation package: salary, power take-off, paid holidays, a health care grant, and an employer-tailored retirement program. We believe in promoting personal growth and strive to create a balanced working and living environment. Our office is just steps from the N Judah Muni Line and close to many restaurants, shops, and Golden Gate Park.
During COVID-19, we support remote working and are open to discussions on how to expand the infrastructure required for easy and efficient communication and targeted work performance.
- Work with clients and principals to set the direction for project design.
- Carry out the development of the design and detailing in collaboration with the client, consultants and the contractor.
- Supervise and guide junior staff in the creation, organization and coordination of the schematic, pricing and construction drawings, models and specifications.
- Facilitating approval review.
- Develop and manage project plans, anticipate the human resources required for projects and cleverly organize the workflow between projects and phases.
- Attend on-site meetings, oversee the submission and review of workshop drawings, RFI responses, etc. during site management.
- Licensed architect preferred but not required.
- 7 to 10 years of professional experience with a focus on type V residential projects.
- Proven knowledge of technical problems, design and techniques in type V construction (construction documents).
- Experience communicating with the San Francisco Planning Department and Building Inspection Department.
- Experience with other test centers is an advantage, but not required.
- Proven AutoCAD knowledge, Revit experience is an advantage.
- Sketch-up, Creative Suite, Rhino, V-Ray experience a plus, but are not required.
- Exceptional communication skills.
Interested parties should forward a résumé and a small selection of PDF portfolios to [email protected]
Please no calls and no recruiters.
320 Judah Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
View your application history
Back to the job list …