David Armor architecture is looking for several project architects to lead the planning and delivery of high-end residential projects under the direction of the client with the support of junior staff. Located on-site in Lower Haight in our inspiring new light-filled studio with 18 foot ceilings.
PROJECT ARCHITECT ROLE: Management of the conception and implementation of projects, including the management of junior staff. The qualified candidate will expand the client’s design vision. have a zeal and a solid grasp of the language of high-end architecture; communicate with customers with shine and confidence; delegate and instruct concisely and positively; and have a solid work ethic based on commitment, organization, clear communication and great attention to detail. The ideal candidate will demonstrate that they can do consistent, very high quality work.
- Over 10 years of architectural experience (license a plus, not required)
- Complete command of the language and execution of high-end residential architecture
- Proven success in managing and prioritizing large, multi-faceted projects
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written and graphical
- Mastery of frequently used 2D architecture software programs and office programs
- Bachelor in Architecture
- (USA only)
OUR OPTIMAL CANDIDATE
- Navigates with dexterity between “granular” and “big picture”, the scale shift required for refinement of the design and efficient project management
- Has experience in leading teams, including delegation, instruction and positive motivation
- Takes a proactive joint ownership approach to representing and developing the business
- Presents and communicates securely and in Polish, both inside and outside the company
- Takes and gives direction gracefully, with a focus on needs and interests
- Is familiar with 3D modeling
- Has worked in the San Francisco Bay Area (or any other U.S. subway area that is typical of our job).
- Has a healthy sense of humor and a variety of interests that add to our friendly, dynamic atmosphere
TIME SCHEDULE: Full time
COMPENSATION: competitive salary, according to experience
SERVICES: competitive, including health and 401K with matching
LOCATION: The Lower Haight, San Francisco – centrally located and steps away from several transit options
AVAILABILITY: Immediately / as soon as possible
OUR COMPANY: DAA is known throughout the Bay Area for custom home design that is based on traditional architecture and offers functional spaces that support life in the 21st century. Our work includes historical renovations, aesthetically sensitive conversions and new buildings. Our ethos of thoroughness and quality has made us a sought-after employee by top builders, interior designers and regular customers. We love what we do and are together proud of the homes we create.
We kept our studio intimate and worked on select projects with clients whose vision matches ours. We see ourselves as customer partners and challenge our team to think beyond beauty and grace in order to create designs that really support the lives of our customers. DAA’s portfolio has grown steadily in San Francisco, Marin, Wine Country and the South Bay, including a number of historically significant homes and an exciting list of new projects. Every team member has the potential to participate in remarkable work and to advance DAA’s reputation and growth.
Find us in San Francisco’s Lower Haight, in our inspiring new light-filled studio with 18-foot ceilings.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES: Please email a cover letter, résumé, and recent work samples – including notes on your roles in the projects – to [email protected] US based candidates only.
You can find all DAA vacancies HERE