David Armor architecture is looking for several project architects who, under the direction of the client, lead the planning and implementation of high-quality residential projects with the support of junior staff. Located in Lower Haight in our inspiring new light-filled studio with 5.50 m high ceilings.
ROLE OF THE PROJECT ARCHITECT: Lead the design and implementation of projects, including leading junior staff. The qualified candidate reinforces the client’s design vision; have an ardor and solid acumen for the language of high-end architecture; communicate with clients with polish and confidence; delegate and instruct concisely and positively; and have a solid work ethic based on commitment, organization, clear communication and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will prove that they can deliver very high quality, consistent work.
- 10+ years of architectural experience (license advantageous, not required)
- Complete command of the language and execution of high-quality residential architecture
- Proven success in managing and prioritizing large, multi-faceted projects
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written and graphical
- Mastery of common 2D architecture software programs and office programs
- Bachelor in Architecture
- US-based (only)
OUR OPTIMAL CANDIDATE
- Navigates with skill between “granular” and “big picture”, the shift in scale required for design refinement and efficient project management
- Has experience in leading teams, including delegation, instruction and positive motivation
- Takes a proactive, shared ownership approach to representing and developing the business
- Presented and communicated in a confident and polished manner, inside and outside the company
- Gracefully takes and gives direction, with a focus on needs and interests
- Familiarity with 3D modeling
- Has worked in the San Francisco Bay Area (or any other metropolitan area that is typical of our work)
- Has a healthy sense of humor and diverse interests that add to our friendly, dynamic atmosphere
TIME SCHEDULE: Full time
COMPENSATION: competitive salary, according to experience
SERVICES: competitive, including health and 401K with matching with
LOCATION: The Lower Haight, San Francisco – centrally located and steps away from several public transportation
AVAILABILITY: Immediately / As soon as possible
OUR COMPANY: DAA is known throughout the Bay Area for custom home design that is rooted in traditional architecture and offers functional spaces that support life in the 21st century. Our work includes historical renovations, aesthetically sensitive conversions and new buildings. Our ethos of thoroughness and quality has made us a sought-after partner for top farmers, interior designers and regular customers. We really love what we do and are proud of the homes we create.
We kept our studio intimate and worked on selected projects with clients whose vision matches ours. We see ourselves as customer partners and challenge our team to think beyond beauty and grace in order to create designs that really support the lives of our customers. DAA’s portfolio has continued to expand in San Francisco, Marin, Wine Country and the South Bay, including a number of historically significant homes and an exciting array of new projects. Every team member has the potential to participate in remarkable work and to advance DAA’s reputation and growth.
Find us in San Francisco’s Lower Haight in our inspiring new light-filled studio with 5.50 m high ceilings.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES: Please send a cover letter, résumé and current work samples – including notes about your roles in the projects – by email to [email protected] US based candidates only.
You can find all DAA vacancies HERE