SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) – An Asian man was stabbed multiple times late on Saturday night when he was attacked and robbed in San Francisco’s Bayview neighborhood, according to the San Francisco Police Department.
The 53-year-old victim told police he was on Exeter Street when the suspect appeared behind him around 10:30 p.m., asked for money and took out a knife.
EXCLUSIVE: The neighbour’s racist abuse of the Chinese family was captured on camera in SJ
Then he was stabbed and the suspect stole a backpack, got into a car and, according to police, escaped.
When they arrived at the scene, police said the victim had “suffered from multiple stab wounds”.
Police say at the time there is no evidence that the crime was racially motivated.
RELATED: SF Public Defender Claims Assault On Asian Grandma Is Not Racially Motivated
Anyone with information is asked to call the SFPD Tip Line at 1-415-575-4444 or send a tip to TIP411 and begin the text message with SFPD.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Asian Americans in the Bay Area share strong, painful memories of hatred
- The 83-year-old Asian man describes a debilitating SF attack and warns people to “be careful”.
- “Go Back to China”: Racist rant suspect identified as the daughter of the late New York Senator
- The Asian-American victim is considering moving out of the state after a brutal attack in SF
- EXCLUSIVE: The 75-year-old Asian man warned of an increase in attacks days before the Oakland murder
- Daniel Dae Kim, members of Congress to testify on discrimination and violence against Asian Americans
- Asian grandma knocked unconscious in an unprovoked attack in NY
- Family outraged by SF DA’s description of the alleged murderer of the 84-year-old Asian man
- Nearly 3,800 anti-Asian hate incidents have been reported in the US since March 2020, the group said
- “This is terrible”: SFPD steps up patrols amid series of violent attacks on Asian Americans
- Daniel Wu and W. Kamau Bell discuss shocking crimes against Asian Americans
- Jeremy Lin, the guardian of the Santa Cruz Warriors, comments on the racial fraud directed against him
- The #StandForAsians rally draws hundreds to San Mateo, with 7th grade leading the charge
- Actors Daniel Dae Kim and Daniel Wu discuss violent crimes against Asian Americans in the Bay Area
- Police are investigating after an Asian man stabbed to death in Chinatown, New York City
- Burma Superstar is offering a $ 5,000 reward as ABC7 receives reports of additional attacks on Asian Americans
- EXCLUSIVE: Former Bay Area gang member arrested after threatening to kill Asians online
- “We are on the alert”: Volunteers arm contractors from Oakland Chinatown with air horns for security reasons
- Arrested in an attack on a Chinese woman in NYC after Olivia Munn sought help from the public
- Hundreds of people are volunteering to escort older Asian Americans to ensure their safety
- The rise in racism against Asian Americans spurs change
- The Oakland Police Chief visits Chinatown shops, stressing the need for a “stronger presence” after attacks and crimes
Copyright © 2021 KGO-TV. All rights reserved.