San Francisco, CA, USAPlace:
Autumn, May 13th ’21Published on:
INTERMEDIATE DESIGNER / ARCHITECT
As an intermediate designer / architect you will support the senior designer / architect / manager in the design and development of project documents and work with team members on large residential and hospitality projects. With additional tasks, you will supervise junior staff and involve them in the further transfer of knowledge of design principles, processes, building regulations and construction methods.
Potential candidates must have strong technical design skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to support projects that work both individually and in teams.
What are you going to do?
- Work independently to contribute to the full range of architectural services for small to medium-sized projects or to oversee smaller parts of large projects as part of a design team.
- Refine and develop design concepts according to the instructions of the senior designer / architect / manager
- Contribution to the planning and design concepts for complex projects
- Supervise the design work of the junior staff to ensure integration and cohesion within the design team
- Offer supervision and support to junior staff.
- Present design solutions to client representatives and / or design review boards
- Art controls the development of visualizations for presentations
- Coordinate drawings with other design disciplines
- Find technical solutions to deliver the design through documentation and detailing while maintaining design intent
- Relate building design concepts to building codes, zoning ordinances, and other external criteria
- Create, develop, edit, and coordinate specifications with drawings to meet project requirements.
- Rate, select, and / or approve materials and products
- Work seamlessly between 2D and 3D drawing environments to communicate ideas effectively.
- Support senior executives based on project requirements.
- Strong 3D modeling skills (SketchUp, Rhino and Revit)
- Knowledge of the representation of software (Enscape, Vray and Lumion)
- Knowledge of CAD / BIM documentation software (AutoCAD and Revit)
- Advanced knowledge of BIM or Parametric Design is an advantage (Revit, Dynamo and Grasshopper).
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Ability to graphically sketch and develop design ideas (diagram by hand or digitally)
- Ability to discuss and communicate ideas with verbal and graphic clarity
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Fast learner who can adapt to a wide variety of project needs
- Vocational qualification in architecture (BArch / March)
- 5+ years of work experience
- Architecture license (preferred) or currently eligible to take the Architecture Registration Exam (ARE)
- LEED Accredited Professional is preferred
- Prior work experience in residential, mixed-use and hospitality projects is preferred.
Benefits & remuneration:
- SB Architects offers its employees full benefits, 401,000 matching, semi-annual bonuses and competitive compensation.
- We work on a 9/80 work schedule every other free Friday
- Opportunity to take part in weekly workout & yoga courses organized with “SB Fit”
- Social outings such as baseball games, picnics, and other team building events throughout the year
Qualified candidates should email their CV and work samples to: [email protected] with the subject: INTDES / SF / YourName.
In five decades of practice, SB Architects has built a worldwide reputation for excellence in the planning and design of large-scale projects for hotels, resorts, vacation homes, apartment buildings and mixed use. Our company is widely known for its very individual approach to design and has received over 200 awards for outstanding design.
With highly qualified, extremely talented and passionate employees in our offices in San Francisco and Miami, we successfully combine fifty years of experience with the energy, drive and commitment of a second generation of partners. With the technical skills and understanding of realizing even the largest projects from concept to construction around the world, we remain a practical, design-oriented practice at heart. Integrity in design, customer loyalty and balance in our corporate culture are an integral part of our identity.
Our vast experience with a wide variety of project types, geographic locations, construction techniques and architectural styles gives us a high level of expertise, while our collaborative process and individual approach to each project allow us to be flexible and responsive. Site-sensitive design was a hallmark of our practice.
View your application history
Back to the job list …