SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) – A San Francisco girl scribbled “Help … robbers!” She had to stay against a wall in the bathroom by one of two men who ransacked her family’s home in the Portola neighborhood of San Francisco on Friday afternoon.
RELATED: Find resources to help with equality, justice, and race issues
The girl’s cousin, who is the homeowner, wishes to remain anonymous, but gives ABC7 news anchor Dion Lim details of what happened after he returned home from a Colma cemetery that day.
The homeowner’s terrible day began when he discovered his car had been broken into after picking weeds and cleaning up family members’ graves. Little did he know he would return to the Portola house, where he has lived for 28 years, to find his belongings and steal thousands in currency and cameras. He showed Dion the covers that were torn from pillows so the thieves could use them as bags to carry more items.
VIDEO: Asian-American victim considers moving out of state after brutal attack in SF
EMBED> More News Videos
After another attack on an Asian American in San Francisco, the East Bay victim, who was at work in the financial district on his lunch break, speaks up. He says the violence needs to stop and he no longer feels safe going to San Francisco.
He remembered his 11-year-old cousin being grabbed by the shirt by one of the men and forced into the bathroom, where she scribbled her message in pencil.
Afraid of being kidnapped or killed, the girl wrote the message on the wall in pencil along with her name, which ABC7 News edited for privacy reasons.
The girl was not hurt.
RELATED: The video shows a brazen ambush on an elderly Asian man in the SF laundromat
The SFPD break-in detail is investigating the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to call SFPD’s 24-hour tip line at 1-415-575-4444 or tip a tip to TIP411 and begin the text message with SFPD. You can remain anonymous.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Asian Americans in the Bay Area share strong, painful memories of hatred
- The 83-year-old Asian man describes a debilitating SF attack and warns people to “be careful”.
- “Go Back to China”: Racist rant suspect identified as the daughter of the late New York Senator
- The Asian-American victim is considering moving out of the state after a brutal attack in SF
- EXCLUSIVE: The 75-year-old Asian man warned of an increase in attacks days before the Oakland murder
- Daniel Dae Kim, members of Congress to testify on discrimination and violence against Asian Americans
- The Asian grandma was knocked unconscious in an unprovoked attack in NY
- Family outraged by SF DA’s description of the alleged murderer of the 84-year-old Asian man
- Nearly 3,800 anti-Asian hate incidents have been reported in the US since March 2020, the group said
- “This is terrible”: SFPD steps up patrols amid series of violent attacks on Asian Americans
- Daniel Wu and W. Kamau Bell discuss shocking crimes against Asian Americans
- Jeremy Lin, the guardian of the Santa Cruz Warriors, comments on the racial fraud directed against him
- The #StandForAsians rally draws hundreds to San Mateo, with 7th grade leading the charge
- Actors Daniel Dae Kim and Daniel Wu discuss violent crimes against Asian Americans in the Bay Area
- Police are investigating after an Asian man stabbed to death in Chinatown, New York City
- Burma Superstar is offering a $ 5,000 reward as ABC7 receives reports of additional attacks on Asian Americans
- EXCLUSIVE: Former Bay Area gang member arrested after threatening to kill Asians online
- “We are on the alert”: Volunteers arm contractors from Oakland Chinatown with air horns for security reasons
- Arrested in an attack on a Chinese woman in NYC after Olivia Munn sought help from the public
- Hundreds of people are volunteering to escort older Asian Americans to ensure their safety
- The rise in racism against Asian Americans spurs change
- The Oakland Police Chief visits Chinatown shops, stressing the need for a “stronger presence” after attacks and crimes
Breakdown: heavy_check_mark: 7
Copyright © 2021 KGO-TV. All rights reserved.