Bull Stockwell Allen
San Francisco, CA, USAPlace:
Autumn, May 13th ’21Published on:
Bull Stockwell Allen is a small award-winning architecture and design firm specializing in resort, hospitality and recreation projects in the United States. We have been in business for over 50 years and often work with regular customers whom we fortunately can count as friends. We are looking for an experienced, creative and enthusiastic self-starter with exceptional attention to detail to join our team in our San Francisco office.
This candidate ideally has experience in the architecture, engineering and / or construction industries. You manage billing from start to finish, meet and, if necessary, get in touch with project managers and clients to complete the process on time. In addition to accounting, this position is responsible for AP / AR, the maintenance of supplier documents and contracts, cash management, the preparation of an annual operating budget and the coordination of time cards and payrolls. You need to be proficient in Deltek Vision and be curious and savvy about software in general.
- Manages the company’s accounting department and its relationship with customers, consultants and suppliers.
- Creates and issues invoices to customers as well as payments to consultants and suppliers and tracks these in good time if necessary.
- Checks and codes supplier invoices and maintains supplier documents (W9, insurance certificates, framework agreements).
- Establishes close cooperation with the project managers:
- Regularly attends and supports the company’s weekly project management meeting.
- Sets billing goals and helps monitor projections based on actual staff performance.
- Manages the monthly billing process, prepares and closes accounting systems for the month, and facilitates auditing with PMs by organizing a monthly billing meeting to review billing draft and confirm billing strategies job by job.
- Works closely with senior management to proactively develop a comprehensive strategy for all of the company’s financial management:
- Generates a monthly and yearly financial report documenting profit / loss, productivity, accounts payable, cash flow projections, etc.
- Organizes monthly billing reviews to discuss with management.
- Creates and updates an annual operating budget based on past performance and updated project projections, including targets for income, profitability, bonuses, etc.
- Works closely with the Office Communications Director who oversees HR and general office management and works together on areas where there may be overlaps, such as: B. Payroll, Insurance, Benefits, Onboarding, etc.
- Manages the general ledger and clears accounts by reviewing, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and correcting inconsistencies.
- Experienced with:
- Sales / prepaid expenses and accrual accounting
- Cash management, including regular balancing of incoming and outgoing cash and the financial statements
- Document the company’s accounting practices and prepare tax, insurance and other documents in accordance with legal and industry best practices.
- Prepare Payroll and 401 (K) and send them to PEO. Review, match, post and approve transactions.
QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS
- At least 4 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Good technical accounting skills with an understanding of GAAP standards
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Experience with Deltek Vision is a must
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Personal with great skills
- A team player who is enthusiastic about attending company-wide meetings, activities, and social events
Bring your talents to Bull Stockwell Allen! Reply by email with the subject line: “ACCOUNTANT / CONTROLLER” to: [email protected]
We’re in the heart of San Francisco’s financial district, within walking distance of iconic areas like North Beach and Embarcadero. We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer our employees extensive health, dental and visual benefits. We also offer PTO, paid holidays, bike parking, a 401 (K) savings plan, and a flexible performance / cafeteria plan.
CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.
Thank you – we look forward to hearing from you!
View your application history
Back to the job list …