San Francisco, CA, USAPlace:
Monday 3rd May 21stPublished on:
SUMMARY OF ITEM: The position of 3D artist contributes to the success of NICOLEHOLLIS by creating architectural and interior design renderings for residential and hospitality projects. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years experience in the architectural 3D modeling industry with a solid understanding of applying materials, lighting a scene, and composition. Hand sketching and traditional rendering skills are an asset.
This is an ideal position for a highly skilled creative and tech-savvy candidate who will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment. This position provides an opportunity to contribute as a key member of a high performing design team.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Create high quality, photo-realistic computer-generated visualizations as well as 3D interior and exterior images for use in customer presentations and studies
- Create a photorealistic computer-generated 3D visualization of custom furniture and lighting.
- Apply lighting and shading to properly display the photorealistic quality of renderings. Always show great attention to detail and the surfaces.
- Build a custom 3D model library with objects, furniture, lighting, and more.
- Concept development in pre-production phases with other designers.
- Participation in the preparation of customer concept presentations.
- Receive and collect data to complete architectural designs and visit construction sites to take measurements if necessary.
- Work closely with project management and respond to questions, changes or clarifications.
- Follow the standard drawing process consistently and double-check the details for accuracy.
- Take responsibility for multiple projects at the same time and communicate with team members about status and schedule
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Rhino, Sketchup and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Vray, Corona Renderer and Enscape
- Exceptional knowledge of rendering and modeling software for creating images and troubleshooting potential problems
- Ability to interact effectively with the design team and understand our team culture.
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and make appropriate revisions.
- Multitask and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent self-motivating and motivated skills as well as core team values
- Ethics and Integrity: Follow NICOLEHOLLIS Values, Beliefs and Principles for Innovation and Excellence in Design
- Serenity: stay calm, maintain perspective and react professionally to difficult situations
- Personal learning: Takes personal responsibility for continuously learning new knowledge, skills and experiences
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can function successfully in times of uncertainty and changing priorities
- Decision Making: Make timely, high quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Interpersonal Skills: Builds effective relationships with all people; up, down and sideways, inside and outside of NICOLEHOLLIS
- Results-oriented: Achieve results and achieve goals
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position is used in a typical office environment without extreme temperature or lighting conditions
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment normally found in an office and perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation. Possible accommodation should be discussed before the start of employment and / or before the interview.
Status and position information
Department / Program: Hospitality and Residential Studios
Supervisor / Reports to: Directors and Senior Designers
Working with: directors, senior designers, project designers, design assistants, studio program managers
Monitored: No direct reports
Classifications: Full time exempt
Location: In the studio (occasional remote work is permitted)
Written / revised date: 4.28.2021
Disclaimer of liability
The job description above was created to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to include or interpret as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required by the employees assigned to the job.
NICOLEHOLLIS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on race, skin color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability. Services are available on request for people with disabilities; Please let us know if you need accommodation for the interview process.
View your application history